R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Cactus Classic and other big events. Have they lost sight of whats important???
Old 03-25-2011, 12:37 AM
twigman08
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by STEALTH

Attend races and events organized and hosted by SCOTTY ERNST. You won't go home disappointed and you will find that "feel" your looking for. He is starting a Nation wide tour of his Short Course Showdown just like his Touring Car series in Europe... Attend it and you will go home with a smile on your face for sure!

Here is more info for those interested:

+1. I can't wait. I'm participating at the event at Mikes Hobby Shop.

I've heard Scotty announce plenty of times on YouTube and even the 1/8 Offroad Worlds DVD and Scotty is the freaking man! He knows what this hobby is all about and he knows how to do it properly. He doesn't care what your last name is, who you are sponsored by, all he cares about is that you are here having a good time. He doesn't put any class as the top class (I HATE announcers that are like "this is the best/top class"). If you are running last place in the Z Main wrecking every turn Scotty still makes sure you are having a good time. I can't wait to experience an event of his in person. I just know it will be the smoothest event ever ran. I don't know how he does it, but he always seems to know of every single battle happening on the track.

I can sort of understand what the OP is posting about. He's not griping about he didn't get a trophy or w/e. More-so he is talking about that these events now are just too much geared towards the pro drivers, and if you're not a pro-driver then you don't matter. I wasn't at the Cactus Classic but I watched a couple of classes on LiveRC and honestly my opinion is that the announcer just flat out didn't care about your class unless you were a pro or racing in a "top" class.

Again just find a race Scotty is the race director at and I'm willing to bet you'll get that feeling back you were talking about.