R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pro-match Batteries
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2004, 05:16 PM
Committed88
Tech Apprentice

Default Yet another question

I am spending my time primarily on this site asking and learning... so to continue in that vein... her is yet another question. Does anyone here have the time or a link, to explain the process of assemblying cells into a pack? I know the basics, shoe goo 'em, solder tabs on, and apply wires... but I need an in depth breakdown. Down to what are the taps you need for the wires, is there a specific wire you need for the batteries (to connect a deans or to direct wire to the ESC and motor.). I need to know from start to finish what I will need. I have a GP3300 pack right now (6 cells), with solder tabs, and some battery connectors (these are like cylinders though, and I am not sure how these would be used as the wires were connected to the battery with a flat metal piece. (Of course these clyinder things could be used in a completely different way) I really know this seems extremely naive, but we all start somewhere... I guess I'm jsut too use to the assembled packs. Since I woudl like to start racing I decided I need to get better stuff.

Thanks for any and all help. You'll be helping to craft the next best driver out there. (joking)