R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 03-23-2011, 03:13 PM
hacker07
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
The rear bumper is certainly flawed. Just about everyone at the track has their rear bumper held together in some hodge podge manner as they have all broken. It needs to be made of some more flexable material...maybe that would save all the rear shock towers from turning into a taco as well.

All the accessory plastic on the truck is pretty poor. Nerf bars broken off, front bumpers pulled out on the lower mount, rear bumpers busting at all the screw mounts, body mounts busted up. Some guys locally are getting pretty peeved about the whole thing shedding plastic everytime it hits the track.

Certainly a ton of stuff that can be redesigned much better by companies like RPM.....they should be able to make a small fortune off this truck..........
What is the weather like where you run? Maybe that has some effect on it and something we need to look into. If you are running where it is VERY cold, you can try boiling the plastic to soften it up, but it shouldnt be necessary. I have run the same truck with all the same plastic on it for 8 months and have had a few things that we looked at fixing but nothing like what you are going on about here. We are adding some material to the holes around that part on the rear bumper. We are only doing that because of the feedback here. In all my testing, I only ever saw one of those break and that was on a non conditioned part. We always look at things to improve...but to hear all of this, it would certanly be the first time i have heard it.