R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Old Radio 3PJS Revived
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 05:56 PM
mr.edzadventure
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve.
I put a synth module in my son's 3PJS and it worked great. Futaba doesn't really want to tell you that the modules are backward compatible. I have two 3PKS and have used a fixed frequency TX modlue from my circa 1991 3PB radio and it worked fine, the synth and 2.4g modules work in the 3PB also you just don't get the high frame rate and 2048 resolution that HRS mode give you in the 3PKS. The 3PJS will transmit in PPM mode but the receiver will auto detect it.
That is good to know I called Futaba and I was a little surprised on how unhelpful they were. I called Hitec and they said there new module should work but they had not tested on that radio. They guy at one online retailer never even heard of the 3PJS I guess I'm showing may age. I was a little reluctant on buying new I just had a custom skin put on and I know what all the buttons do. I wanted to stick with Futaba and learning a whole new radio wasn't high on my list. I have over 10 cars and trucks so popping for even half of the receivers with a new brand was going to break the bank. I think I will try to get a FM module that you dial in the channel number That will eliminate one set of crystals.