R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Old Radio 3PJS Revived
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 06:58 PM
mr.edzadventure
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Old Radio 3PJS Revived

After much consideration and days spent daydreaming at work about what to do about the radio I have, here is what I did. I have had this old girl for a few years and have grown attached to it. I was contemplating selling it and getting a new radio but buying three or four new receivers was a bit out of the budget along with the cost of a new transmitter was going to add up in a hurry.

FM is still very fast and I think if your bashing it works just fine. This has a lot of the features the high end radio's still have. This thing was top of the line a few years ago so I breathed a little life into it. I figure use the FM to bash and 2.4GHz for racing. I got this from Amain hobbies for $147.00 out the door shipped. I ordered it on Thursday the 17th and it came today the 21st. Great service.

They way I look at it I don't know if I could have bought a radio with all of the features for this price. I wasn't sure if it would work I even called Futaba they said they were not sure . So a new FASST system for the old girl and I tested it out and so far so good. It linked right up.
With the price of the new systems creeping over the $400.00 I think this was a good solution for a basher who may race occasionally.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3-21-11 001.JPG
Views:	676
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	726326   Click image for larger version

Name:	3-21-11 002.JPG
Views:	732
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	726329