R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Please helo setting 2 speed tanny on Yokomo GT4 RTR
Old 03-20-2011, 02:25 PM
omegaf
Tech Adept

ah shit, i think this clutch is not friction based.
the clutch bell has a pin in its circumference.
by looking at the manual and reading your previous posts carefully i think i finally get it.

your clutch has a little pin the sticks out from the rotation. the pin on the clutch has a little ( shaped claw that grabs onto the pin on the clutch bell and the 2nd gear engages.

So as you said, since the clutch bell spins clockwise when the ( pin sticks up it would not grab the horizontal pin of the clutch bell in its hollow side but rather it would hit it with its curved side.

So you are saying that if you install the clutch the other way around then it will grab the clutch bell pin inside the its curvature since the clutch claw will now face ) <---- left

However, I got a feeling that the claw is designed with the curvature like this so that it may slip when the claw retracts. If you place it the way you think then there will be no way for the claw to slip and will remain engaged forever unless you roll the car backwards.

So effectively, what the claw is really made for, is to provide some slippage and not provide a locking joint with the bell pin.

So to answer your question: do it as the manufacturer says. The claw must face (

Ah shit, i was beaten to it