R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 03-19-2011, 09:17 PM
Ridley
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
Just thought Id share a picture of my trimmed down SCTE. Dropped close to a half lb by ditching all the unnecessary stuff. No RX box or battery tray. Ditched 80% of the mud guards (just kept the front couple inches to deflect some of the dirt coming off the front wheels) cut the extra inch+ of body posts sticking out the bottom of the body mounts, cut the extra guard off of the center diff top plate.

Still have to put the titanium turnbuckles on it to shave a little more. I'm thinking about taking my chassis into work and having some pockets milled into it in some strategic places to get a little more weight out of it. I want to get this down to under 6lbs. Its at 6.2 now. I started at about 6.7lbs before the mods I mentioned above.

The battery is just held to the chassis with Velcro on the bottom and the single strap that I used some old goriallamax battery strap clamps to mount.

Im running a 6200mah trackpower battery and could probably save a little more if I went to something like a 5300 thunderpower.

Another big help was lowering the body mounts all the way as low as they could go. I needed to trim the wheel wells a bit more on the body to keep the tires from rubbing.

I took it out to the track this morning for a few practice laps with this weight reduction and it definitely feels a bit more nimble that it did in stock trim. I need to spend a little more time working on the setup but I really feel like its starting to come toghether. I need to play with some more dif and shock setups when I have more time next time.

You can ditch the rear bumper, or cut it down quite a bit, use aluminum screws for the big big ones, aluminum locknuts, titanium hingepins, titanium kingpins, grind on the ring gears some as the inner lip isn't needed all the way around, dermal punch the foams depending on what foams you use, buy DE wheels as they are the lightest out. All that should get you 2 ounces or more

I'll be out on the lathe playing around trying to make some of that stuff this week