R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Where do you lack skill, in the RC world.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:20 AM
DiZzYNaTiOn
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Where do you lack skill, in the RC world.

RC 1/10 1/8 scale off road nitro.

Welp after club racing on and off for about 10 or 11 years and just getting into the whole internet forum thing, i thought it would be cool to start a thread based on where do you lack the skill in RC nitro offroad car/trucks, and for all of you "know it all's" this will be a good thread to help out. Ill give you two examples.....

to this day with my RC8

I lack in The brake setup for different tracks.

I lack in tightening screws!!! i tighten screws into plastic to much and not enough on metal, plastic strips and metal vibrates out loosing screws!

I lack in the shock department, (and ive seen all the videos on HOW TO) yet i still have leaky shocks and after a few races get air in them too!

Now to help me out would you say that the screw in plastic doesnt need to be super tight because the plastic naturally keeps it from vibrating out? And the metal, use blue thread lock on all metal to metal?

And the shocks - Is it just team associated shocks that leak and get air bubbles? So should i just buy a whole new brand, or is there an expert trick out there?

These are things i still struggle with to this day, if i could just nail these things down it would really help out.

If you are lacking in a department post it here. See it someone can help.

PS, im sure there are threads with tips and tricks but if your like me and dont want to read 4,000 pages to find the one thing you need, post it here.