R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SCT or 8th Buggy?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Error404
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jmackani
Stay away from the 4wd sct's. They are a handful with the smaller chassis and insane motors. 1/8 scale electric buggy is the ticket now. Plenty of power and easier to drive than a 2wd sct.
How is the AE RC8e?

Originally Posted by ntrain42
1/8th scale nitro is where its at and where the big boys play. SC though is also very popular and alot of fun as well. I race both classes.
I'll go 1/8th scale nitro once I feel I have enough experience to handle it, I'd like to start off with 1/8th scale electric if I go 8th just for ease of use and user friendliness, charge and go, not having to worry about tuning, a/f ratio, race fuel, ect.

Originally Posted by fallguy
go to your local track and check out whats going on there,at out track the 10th stuff pretty much died out. buggy and truggy took over and now a SCT class is starting up.
That was my problem. Dropping $450 on a brand new XXX-NT RTR to race, and only doing 2 races because the class had 3-4 racers. I'm trying to stay away from that, XXX-NT is just sitting collecting dust now, haven't even put a gallon through it

we mix the nitro and brushless 8th scale stuff.
Is the brushless competitive with nitro?

i like the way a buggy turns and jumps.. mind you the SCT's are starting to turn nice... bit i dont think they can jump like a buggy.
I see SCTs slamming hard when jumping, I guess it shows tough parts, but I REALLY hate buying replacement parts

Originally Posted by bazthecarman
+1

1/8th scales are so awsome.
I do like the class of the 8th, always seemed to be HUGE, the racing was nitro, not electric.