R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI Racing "Copperhead 10" Support and Discussion
Old 03-16-2011, 01:57 PM
protc3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by V12
I have a DB10RR and with this chassis the distance between left and right side front end screws is about 79.5 to 80.0 mm. In inch this is about 3.14". For the overall front wide there are different offsets of the various wheels also some guys are using shims and camber also will affect the overall wide. So for comparing itīs easier measuring the distance of left and right side front end screws. Center of screw to center of screw of course.

I know you could run a wider frontend with the Copperhead 10 than with the DB10R or DB10RR but I donīt know how much this differs.
I would like knowing what is the maximum wide so again how much is the distance between left and right side front end screws for the maximum wide position.

The reason Iīm asking this, since some weeks nearly all races here are won by the new corally 10 SL cars. This is especially when there is a very high grip carpet. Actually no other car had a chance until we discovered one thing with the corally now. Beside some other details this car has a very wide front track what makes it much easier to drive with the high grip and high speed of our 2S batteries.
Last weekend I had to work very hard on setup for finally qualifying 6th position in the A-Main but for the triple finals the grip had increased even more and I absolutely had no chance with the DB10RR there.
Actually I love my DB10RR and just had invested in more spares but now it seems it doesnīt make sense running this any longer.
The Corally from what i understand is 235mm isnt it?(or can be widened to 235) That in itself will play a huge role in the stability at such high speeds. Although, a one car does all(200 and 235mm) is not ideal for either class, a 200mm car converted to 235mm or close to will handle the blistering speeds of 2S racing better than a 200mm car. We are looking into making a 235mm car if the demand is big enough. It will be a dedicated 235mm car as i dont like to have half breed cars as they can do both but they dont really do either very well.