R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI Racing "Copperhead 10" Support and Discussion
Old 03-16-2011, 01:02 PM
2wdrive
Tech Master

v12, could you post your setting? and what the car does when the traction comes up?

Too be honest, i have really good results with my db10rr (got overall second place in our club competition this indoor season and 4th place in the EPS that was run in the Netherlands) and till now the corallies here, for the indoor season at least, had problems with their setup. Now i know there are more corallies run in germany so setup is easier to transfer.

I can imagine that with a thicker chassis (3mm)and the wider track width the corally could do better on high grip carpet.

The DB10RR has quite some flex in the chassis. One picture i saw from your chassis is that you don't use the front standoff as the stickpack lipo is in the way creating maybe even more flex? (not sure but the front is quite flexy imo without the front standoff attached to the lipo brace)

I am using a aluminium associated tube between the casterblocks to stiffen the front up. I also have a strip of carbon under the front standoff to act as a stopper for the saddle pack lipo's but also stiffens the chassis up a bit. It works really wel.