R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 10:38 PM
iti20090
Tech Apprentice

It will fit either M03 or M05, although it has a lower stance on the M05. The RC Mini lads used it on the M06. Ja, the rear of the body tends to "paint/cut curl" in after cutting/painting and the 2 degree tow in blocks exacerbate the appearance. Not had any dramas and I guess one could tweak it back with shoe goop or suchlike.

The standard rear posts will work with a bit of massaging as per my 2010 yellow raced version pic below - unfortunately not a good pic as the car was jacked up on the shocks but still on original posts and clear that body slightly raked nose down .

The new rear posts I found (perhaps TT01?) angled off much lower and did require a different hole position but that was easy - I also liked the lower rear ala the M06 RC Mini version. I would probably better go with the M05 front posts on the rear for the next shell, which would probably also provide better support.

Cheers
Dave

Originally Posted by BONZAIIII
Nice looking body. Did I notice the rear tires hanging outside the body? If so were there any issues? Is this body designed for the MO3 or the MO5? If for the MO5 what other mods did you have to do? Thanks Rodney