R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW GUY: Truck Decisions
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 10:27 AM
helibrian
Tech Fanatic

Between the t-maxx and the savage? Definitely the Savage, I wouldn't soil my hands with a t-maxx personally. No offense to any maxx owners out there. The Main differences between the Savage X and XL is the XL is about 1 1/2 inches longer than the X and slightly wider. The XL also comes with a 5.9cc(~.36ci) engine as opposed to the 4.6cc(~.28ci) of the X. The XL has a 3 speed trans as opposed to the X with a 2 speed, etc. There are a few other differences but I guess you could say those are the main ones.

The LST trucks do handle fairly well out of the box and come with good radios for sure, but I have a significant pile of destroyed LST2 chassis that just could not handle the hard landings a Savage will shrug off with ease. I do like the LSTs though, in fact I use LST shocks, radio, and tires/wheels on one of my Savages! A savage though, out of the box, does handle like....well...a monster truck, and can sometimes require a bit more finesse on the controls. Some people just don't like it if their monster doesn't handle like a car, I guess you can't blame anyone for that.

The 2 big online shops are towerhobby.com and horizonhobby.com but there are several others stormerhobbies.com amainhobbies.com etc. You might sign up for the newsletters of some of the sites to receive discount codes/coupons. Ebay can sometimes be another good source for RC stuff but some sellers can be a little sketchy.

As far as the LST suspension being the best designed, I'm sure there are some Revo owners that would like to debate you on that.