R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW GUY: Truck Decisions
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 09:09 AM
ntrain42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mecebra
Well I would be buying the truck in the states, I am from Pennsylvania. But I am in Afghanistan right now, doing my research online for when I get home. Willing to look at those better trucks in the $500 bucks price range, mind listing them? Thanks
Top choice for $550 is the Losi LST XXL(Overdriverc has it for that price)COmes with the best quality radio of any RTR MT available the Spektrum DX3S, also comes with the best stock engine as well, an LRP .28 Spec 3 motor. Also comes with a nice spinstarter. The chassis itself is IMO the best. Its the most stable, has the best designed suspension of any of the current MT's using massive big bore's on all 4 corners. Also has the strongest steering system using a dual servo setup. Tons of aftermarket support for it.

Next choice would be either the AE MGT 8.0 or Savage XL. Both also have tons of aftermarket support, but the included radios and engines are nowhere near as good as what comes with the LST XXL. ANyone of these trucks can be upgraded and made bullitproof though through mods, but the LST XXL has the best chassis geometry as it is without question the most stable. I race one of mine and bash the other. Its a beast.