R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SC10 - Gearing / Motor Question
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 05:23 PM
DavidS26
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default SC10 - Gearing / Motor Question

Hey Guys,

This is a few questions so I'll try to break them down as best as I can. I have a Factory Team SC10 that I just built. The setup that I currently have as of now is Red Shocks in Front & Grey on Rear. Im using a Losi Shock Oil of Weight 40 in the Front & 35 in the Rear. My camber for the car all the way around is Negitive 1. Im using Sub-Cultures Tires all the way around and currently have a 13.5 Tekin Motor & RS ESC. My spur is 84 & Pinion is 23. My current profile for the motor is 2. That is the one with the 15 Degrees of Boost. My questions are the following:

1) Do I currently have the best gearing for this?
2) Should I change anything on this?

I currently race as Basher's RC Raceway & I won the A Main on Friday. I ran 22 Laps in 6:04. Im currently in Novice & want to move to the Open class but they run in the 14 Seconds. I'm currently running around 15.1 - 15.7 Depending on Traffic on the track. Any suggestions would be GREAT. I have NOT temped the motor since I changed everything but I believe its running around 130 - 140 cause I thought it felt hot & I temped it once and that is what it was. Thanks guys for reading & Helping out.