R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2004, 07:10 AM
markp27
Tech Elite

Talking 2 Liters already gone!

Another sesion at the track today and now I've put through about 2 liters of fuel through the 710 - the car just seems to get better.
I'm still using the one-way, which in the 705 seemed impossible to drive on my track - although my driving has improved a lot Breaking is really not much of a problem - I still have to be careful not to put too much braking force on, but apart from that, the brakes stop the car nicely.
As long as I drive smoothly, then I see no hint of understeer and I can really "boot-it" coming out of the long left-hander onto the main straight.
The left flick is always tricky, due to the bumps at the entrance, but keeping as far over to the left and keeping the lines smooth make it no problem.

In terms of breaking bits.......ehm...... nothing! I even rolled the car today first time I've really got the fast flick wrong and as normal through there, when something goes wrong, it goes wrong big time But even though the 710 rolled a couple of time, I could drive away from the accident without any damage

Tyre wear is still really great and even - I started with tyres all around 62mm and now I have front 61.2mm and rear 60.8mm - and the runs today where pretty hard and fast. I had to run fast today, as there was also a Kyosho FW-05R on the track but even though I wasn't at 100%, I was able to easily catch and pass him

A couple of pictures to show you what my car looks like now after the 2 liters have been used
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	710_2l.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	38253