R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How to Revive On-Road Racing
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 02:08 PM
theisgroup
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

people just need to get over the cost issue. that is just not the issue. i understand that people think that a $500 sedan is expensive, but i would be surprise if any person that jumps into off road and only spends $250-$350 on a startup rig, does not spend $1500 by the end of 12months of racing. the fact is any hobby that people spend time doing consistently over a year is going to cost money. on road may cost more then off road, but that is really just the initial entry cost. after that you spend a but load. I woudl bet i spent more my first year, then my initial investment.

cost is not an issue. we have prob 5-6 new racers in the last 6 weeks. most spent the $500-$600 initial inverstment to jump in. i would not be surprised that 4-5 of them will still be racing something within 6month. the fact is, your prob don't want people that have a hard time coming up with the initial inverstment, because, well they could not afford the ongoing cost. racing and rc cost money and you want people with a level of discretionary income that can afford to spend to stay racing.

I run my own business and contract to several fortune 500 companies. I can tell you that moeny is being spent and people are willing to spend money. you just got to give them a reason to spend it.