R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How to Revive On-Road Racing
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 04:25 PM
snoopyrc
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
The number 1 issue I think RC and other similar activities have is not within their control...it is game consoles and the internet. So many young people get their fix for activities and hobbies simply by playing games because it is instant gratification and you don't have to worry about things like cleaning equipment and possibly getting injured.
I have a nephew that made it to fourteen and didnt know how to pump up a bicycle tire. We are not talking about a stupid kid. Its just that he never played outside much. I think we need to wave the banner of how bad it is to never do anything but play the PS3. Dont get me wrong I have one and they are great, but how stale and stagnant life must be when everything you do is simulated on a console. Step up to full resolution kid! Do something real. Look if you dent it, it stays there permanently. How cool is that? If you break this then you have to fix it yourself. No reset button. Awesome. And after you work on it you get dirt on yourself. Even some up under your nails. Cant do that on the Sux Box.