R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 03-10-2011, 10:10 AM
RCJammer
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by j65mustang
i as well as many people at my track have gotton the new losi 4x4 and its a very good truck. but we have ran into some problems with the truck, like cracked front drive shaft, and now all of our shafts that goes through the spider gears in all of the diffs, are worn badly and bent. talked to some losi drivers and heard that the pins were not hardned and causing the problem. just curious if anyone else has run into this problem while changing diff oils.
I havent broken any drivetrain parts yet, but while taking my diffs apart last night to replace the grease with oil, I noticed that the rear planet gears (i guess what everyone is calling spider gears) have wear on them on the backside, right where the small washer is. It looks as if the surface has been chamfered, and one of the gears is worn enough that there is contact with the little square keepers. The front diff looked fine, and I havent gotten to the center diff yet. But this was only after about 6 races on the truck.

Anyway, seems I'll need to rebuild the rear pretty soon.

Anyone having the same issue?