R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HOBART EP OFF ROAD RACING
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 11:16 PM
ajj
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default The ball is rolling...!!

Ok guys.

Firstly with interest in the club. We have 3 people who have put their name down in at McCann's. With Sir Tamiyalot, Shimmy and myself that makes six (and more if you can bring some friends Sir Tamiyalot). I think this is enough to at least get the ball rolling. I believe many more will come once the track is brought up to spec.

I have emailed the MMACA with regards to what is going on, also about the need for the track to be upgraded to racing level and protected from bikes. I recieved a reply from the MMACA President Brian Johnson who is keen for a club to be formed. In his email he detailed that no direct financial support can come from the MMACA at this time, but is more than willing to help with applications for government grants etc. Also, if a club is to be formed there is the need to become affiliated with the MMACA to cover public liability. The cost of this is $20 for first membership and $10 per year thereafter for each member.

He also said he would like to meet with those interested in the next few weeks which brings me to the next topic. We need to organise a time over the next few weeks to all meet at the track for an hour or two. I propose either the 19th, 20th, 26th or 27th to gather the track to talk to the MMACA, discuss upgrading of the track, and where we go from there. Bring our cars along and have a bash also! (bring all terrian style tyres if you have them, small pin tyres will wear out very fast!).

I've also put a notice in Nick's Hobbies at Moonah now. So spread the word to your mates and let me know which dates your free and we'll try to get this first meet happening.

Cheers,
Alex