R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 10:01 PM
dangerwr
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RacerX20
Sup guys! I just ordered this kit!
I'm super stoked and cant wait to get it!

Few questions.

What are the most commonly used standard hex sizes this kit uses? I'm looking for a nice standard hex set. All my other RCs used metric. Any recommendations?

Also, I've ordered the Castle MMM 2200kv and I'm gonna run 4s. What pinion size should I run for a good mid ground between torque and speed? 35-45mph would be plenty for the kind of driving I want to do. Mod 1 right?

What wt oils are you guys running in your shocks and diffs? I do plan on racing and want the best handling.

Anything else I should know or order off the bat?

Thanks peeps!

-Tony
With a 2200kV I would get 13 - 15T pinions and check temps often when you run (test and tune). If you race you probably will set the Punch Control on your ESC at 70 -80%. This motor is a little strong but you will have plenty of fun. You will have endless torque with a large brushless motor so is never an issue. Heat is your enemy. Also make sure your 4S battery is up to delivering the power your motor wants to pull.

Shock setup all depends on your track but d/load the latest Drake setup from TLR website. Uses 42.5W in front with silver springs and 30W in rear with black springs. Diff oil is 5-7-2k from front to back as a good starting point.