R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T3 2011
Thread: Xray T3 2011
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 03:31 PM
kmags
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by omegaf
First of all i am not driving a train. if that's what you do for a living, that's your own problem go look at your face in the mirror and laugh but otherwise you can stick your sarcasm up your own rear. Maybe you should have considered a mechanical engineering degree like me.
Second, yes, on rare occasions the chassis can hit the ground even in real race cars. You cannot prevent it 100% of the time and there are many reasons why it can hit the ground but the general idea is to use suspension travel to prevent that.
I love how touchy some of you are on the subject. What's wrong? Someone pointed out a flaw in your precious little toy cars?
Gee, who is the touchy one? Mechanical engineers are a dime a dozen (I am one). I think that your title should be "pompous ass". Your degree (if you have one, or did you just pursue one?) does not make you superior to a train driver or any other occupation. If you are so intellectually superior then you should already have the answers rather than ask us mere mortals.

If you really had a handle on your engineering then you would find it obvious that upstops would unsettle the car more than the chassis drag. If you don't hit the chassis occasionally then you are not utilizing the full range of your suspension. Now stick that up your rear, Richard.