R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF417
Thread: Tamiya TRF417
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 09:18 AM
hana166
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Got my 417 a few days back. Lovely little refinements here and there

Has anyone got an opinion on the performance on high traction carpet against 416X?

So far every big meeting I attend, where the grip comes up drastically due to the amount of cars present, the Tamiyas grip roll the most and become less competitive as the day goes on whilst the Xrays become more competitive and grip roll the least

From what I can tell the Tamiya has amazing levels of grip, which can lead to worse laptime when traction is high, especially in stock where the key is to preserve momentum and corner speed

In modified where there is so much power, a lot of traction would be beneficial on corner exit, and also helpful to scrub the speed off on entry, which might explain why its so good in modified, and the set ups used by the team, none of which work for me at all (plus I am not an alien driver)

I run my X very stiff now, this has helped a lot, wondering if there is anything I haven't considered yet

I want the car to float on top of the carpet, not bite into it, especially at the front, that is where the time seems to be lost

Definitely got some ideas of my own to try in future, but please feel free to chime in it all helps !