R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - VTA Rules
Thread: VTA Rules
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 04:04 PM
andrewdoherty
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
what about its just not legal...simple and easy....

but if I was making a decision....it would be cause the LRP Sphere TC/Spec, SPX/reverse,zero all have pretty much the same case...whats to stop somebody from just changing case?....but they have their reason, and for whatever it is.....let it go, its just a esc....

also, for all these guy/tracks that think 25.5 isnt the way to go.....Im so sorry for the VTA program....I can show you over the last 3 1/2 years how we kept trying several different varibles to the rules to try and get it right...we had all kinds of house rules like you wouldnt believe, and most worked....everything from 24mph, to 17.5 lipo with "magic" gear chart...it was a good ride.

but if you really want your VTA class to thrive and grow, get on the National rules set...it will save you and your racers alot of time and money in the long haul....it leaves no guess work....and trust me, you are going to lose racers...but you will gain twice as many down the road....here is my address to the VTA guys at my local track...

UPDATE.....

it has become an issue that has been around our Trans-am class for almost three and half years. We have always came up with a variation of the national rules to some degree, some of its my fault as well as others. I push and promote this class to the highest mountain top, I love this class and really beleive in it and what it can do for on-road r/c racing and r/c hobby as a whole. ...
I hope I am not misunderstood. I am fully in support of the USVTA rules. I am not asking because I want to argue the legitimacy of the decision. Even if the answer is the dumbest most illogical thing I have ever heard, thats fine. Rules are rules. I am just curious to know for the sake of knowledge, not as leverage to sling mud. I am sure USVTA has heard it all and might be gunshy, I just don't want to be lumped in with the trolls and energy vampires because I have question. I could easily imagine people who didn't know you Myron, taking offense to the blue text above (not me though)