R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 03-08-2011, 10:46 AM
ScottKelly911
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiro972
I wouldn't worry about it killing off the class. Great, game changing cars have been introduced in the past and it doesn't kill a class. Also, despite it's complexity and weird battery and motor restrictions, the AE truck I think will be quite competitive with this truck. I have gone with the Losi, I've always been more of a Losi guy although I have had some nice AE cars over the years. Anyway, new cars and new ideas in the class will only make it stronger.
I hope you're right. For the sake of the class, which I think is a really fun class. I've seen the Associated truck in person and honestly I think the LONG TERM durability may be a problem, but even if it's not, I think that people are going to get sick of having to take 1/2 the truck apart everytime they want to work on it. That's what I think it's major downfall is going to be. Ofcourse if it wins on Sunday, people will buy it on Monday. I have to say, it's the quietest 4wd vehicle I've ever seen. It sounds like a 2wd SC10 it's that quiet with the belt system, not that it matters, but it was interesting lol

Originally Posted by RustyRC
They dont allow 3s lipo to race at our club.
Originally Posted by fireflysti
for now
I really hope they do start allowing 3s around the country for this class. I think with the 550 motors and 1/8 scale systems people (like myself) are putting in them, they can handle the added power. That being said, I had to run 3s with the 1/8th scale system I have in my truck or I wouldn't have enough power to keep up with the 550 cans on 2s. This is where you see the difference in KV ratings. But put the extra volts into the lower kv motors and it's an equalizer speed and power wise. Then comes the debate over added weight though.