R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Beginner in nitro what buggy should i get?
Old 03-07-2011, 01:12 PM
tc5 man
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by cfish8u2
The Losi 2.0 is still loose in the rear, ran both it and the 1.0. However it is very good but you must be at least moderately smooth on throttle.

With that said I'd suggest getting the car that your buddies run and/or guys run at the track which you race most. Also consider the parts avail. from your LHS. To me that is the biggest factor.

Stick with one of the big 5. AE, Losi, HB, Kyosho and Mugen.

Whatever you get stick with it. Don't switch around just because one day your buddies car felt so good.

Lastly get a kit. If you can this is the best route. Most everyone gets hooked and you spend the money anyway. Don't be sucked into the hop-up bug. Lots of rides have tons of after market parts. More often than not plastic stock parts are the way to go. Often drivers think for example Kyosho is so expensive however they try to compare a non-upgraded Losi or AE kit to the most expensive Kyosho team kit. Meaning the SE kit from Kyosho is just fine and comes with upgrades the others don't, it's super competitive, easy to drive and quite frankly the fastest car at the moment.

With all that said can't stress enough to go with a car that your friends at the track run. If you are the only guy running a particular buggy it really stinks because if you need a part in a pinch you're often stuck.

medith : thanks yea im not saying the eights dont drive good but you do have to be a smooth driver on the eight buggys and i wish losi make the drivetrain parts better and not wear so quickly for how much there 1/8 scales are .