Thread: VTA Rules
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 07:33 AM
JCarr
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I can live with that provided that:

1. Anyone visiting your track understands ahead of time that you are running the 21.5 rules.
2. Your locals understand that they are using a modified ruleset and if they travel anywhere else they should be ready to comply with the National rule set.
3. No one is on the forum whining that the Nationa rule set be changed to suit what you are doing locally.

If you are matching those three things, and I think you are. Then we are good. It is however a touchy subject to see someone telling another club to run ROAR rules instead of the USVTA.
1. The shop we race at has an online forum and the rules are posted there and we have a pretty good word of mouth chain set up. We are very open group and will help anybody out any way we can so they can run with us.

2. Covered, like I said we have a few guys that travel and they have the motors and esc's to be legal.

3. Also covered, we know we are the odd man out as far as the rules go and we accept it. We understand that the rules are pretty much set up for small indoor tracks and that is why we tweaked it for our outdoor setup. Only thing I would even think about suggesting would be an outdoor(large track) spec rules set. Even with that though we wouldn't be USVTA legal(esc, motor) so I have kept my fingers tied on that.

Last edited by JCarr; 03-07-2011 at 08:28 AM.