R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 03-06-2011, 08:53 AM
ntrain42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
I'm the same way..

I get mine later this week.. here is what I'm changing out.

1) Rear shock tower, going right to the upgraded losi aluminum as most everyone says the stock is too soft, and will bend. (front staying stock for now)
2) Slapping on some AKA Enduro SS tires

That's it.. I've seen a couple people say the rear hubs should be swapped.. but then others say they have not broken one of the stockers. I don't crash a lot and I'm a pretty good jumper so I'll stick w/ stock for now. I'm afraid if I move to the alum ones all it does is guarantee a rear arm breaks instead, they cost more ;P Time will tell.

If I feel like the front end drops a little un-natural as a few have noted, I will most likely order the front carbon shock tower and leave the beefier alum on the rear. From there I'll tweak the battery position if needed.

I'm starting w/ the tekin 4.5, but really wish I ordered the 5.5. I'll run the 4.5 if I'm not happy then i'll decide if I want to go to the 5.5 or the castle 1410. A lot of people are pretty happy w/ the 4.5 so I'll give it a go.

Good luck, I'm sure someone w/ some real usage will chime in but that is what I've pulled from this thread, the ten-t thread and some PM's.
Who makes the aluminum parts? Losi? Link to the hubs and shock towers? Ill probably swap out all the hubs and shock towers just to play it safe and will boil the stock a-arms.