R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 03-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Casper
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mitten
Critter, Casper

I got to run my truck on the track for the first time last night. It was a blast running a 4x4 again. My motor was running hot, coming off at 160 to 170 range after 5 min qual. I have a LRP Sphere TC comp, Team Epic 4x4 Short course 4.5t running a 15t pinion, 5000mah 40c pack, no boost, no timing advance. I was thinking I needed to drop down to a 14t or even a 13t pinion? Are you saying that I should have gone to a 16t maybe 17t? I run on a smaller indoor wet clay track. I sat out the 10 min. because I didn't want to cook my motor and wasn't sure I could make it.
Our team guy running an LRP had to go down to a 13T. I would gear down. He had a similar issue where his motor was too hot. He just continued dropping teeth until it got cool. It runs really strong now even though he is three teeth lower then Ryan and I with the Xcelroin speedo.

Originally Posted by pword
i think Ryan should probably send you complimentary SCTE wheels...i witnessed last night Stevey dremeling on brand new proline wheels with shiny snipers
We have told you many times the protac wheels rub at full lock. We have always said to run losi wheels which should be readily available as long as you shop ordered some.

For the record form the pics I saw Casey Peck was running protrac wheels at he nitro challenge so they can be made to work. I don't know how much work he put into them.

Originally Posted by DBARB
Well I had my trucks for a couple of days and I love it! But my MMP and novak ballistic 550 4.5 cogg so bad the truck wont even move but right when I take out the sensor wire runs like a charm. I have tried different sensor wires tired different setups with MMP... etc. I don't know what to do oh and I am using the xcelorin 60c 6000mah 2s. Both esc and motor are brand new also.
I had similar issues with the MMP I tried although mine cogged always! Contact Novak. It might be a bad sensor board on the motor. I think it may be a MMP issue though as a lot of those are having problems from what I read.