R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC Insurance Poll
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 08:10 AM
Sarinexia
Suspended

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Guys,

3 pages in 24 hours over this. I'd say it was a good topic and something fun to talk about. Check out a few of the posts below that came up:

Originally Posted by Ed237
Most homeowners policy exclude coverage for 'motorized land vehicles' such as cars and ATVs but that does not apply to RC cars. This is because 'vehicle' implies something that can transport people or goods which is not what an RC car does.

RC cars are covered as 'unscheduled' personal property if damaged by fire, lightning, water from a ruptured pipe inside your house, theft and a few other perils.

If your RC cars and equipment is over $2500 it might not be a bad idea to go to your agent and get additional coverages for more perils by 'scheduling' their RC equipment.
Originally Posted by Doxiedad
I'd be more interested in a liability coverage honestly. If my truck is destroyed or stolen you're out what maybe 1-2 thousand dollars at worse? Yes it's a lot, but compare that to if you injure someone with your truck and they sue!! I can assure you that it'd be several times the value of your truck easily
Originally Posted by racer1812
Talk to your agent, an umbrella policy would actually cover this..

Well.....at the track, not likely to be an issue, even though a good lawyer will wipe his a$$ with any waiver people may sign. I would have to say that if you take your HPI B5 and hit the old blue hair standing at the bus stop at 50mph and bust her hip in half. Her a-hole lawyer son might just take you to court..
[QUOTE=simplechamp;8749526]I don't see what's so ridiculous about wanting your RC investments covered on your homeowners insurance. That's what homeowners insurance is for, to protect you financially in the event your home and/or possessions are destroyed. I think liability insurance for inuring someone is a stretch, but I don't see how insuring the RC stuff against loss is any different than any other stuff like home electronics or major appliances[QUOTE]

Originally Posted by racer1812
Simplechamp, I think you might have missed the histerical parts of this thead, those being someone wanting to have collision insurance on a R/C car. Most will agree that covering thousands worth of R/C stuff under your homeowners policy is a good idea it just takes a little more work being that most companies will want you to varify the cost of what you're covering. Theft is the big one as far as that goes. If you can't verify what was stolen it's hard to get your money. With a lighning stike on your $2000 TV it's easy, it's still in the living room.

I will say this is one of the dumbest threads we've had in awhile, but it's funny..
Perhaps some of you didn't know it was covered under a homeowners policy. I for one didn't think it was. I called my agent and asked. They are willing to insure all of my RC items with an endorsement. I know some of you said it doesn't cost you anything; mine said it will be $2.00 extra a month premium to cover all of it against any kind of perils my homeowners falls under.

Insteresting fact, and I didn't know that until I posted this up for fun.

Also, I didn't know tracks have a "waiver" for injuries. That too is something I learned based on this conversation.

Also, the concept of an "Umbrella" policy came up. Without the power of google, I wonder if the smart alecks that keep saying over and over again "This thread is dumb, blah blah,.." even know what one is without the power of google and then coming across as intelligent to there RC tech peers.

An umbrella policy would cover against liability suits; probably even deriving from an RC injuring someone. I'd say that's something to look into and confirm because homeowners covers "home" and auto, covers "auto"; and I'm not familiar with a personal property coverages causing injury to someone else. That is like getting coverage for your toaster injuring someone because it's propelled at someone in excess of 50mph.

But...... again. You critics can run your mouths all you one about how stupid this thread is. I learned something and I'm appreciative I did. I think it's a fun conversation and if you feel your life is being wasted going through this; well, it's a simiple solution:

"Unsubscribe".

The mere fact these critics continue to respond and show their dissatisfaction with this conversation shows that they:
a. don't have a life.... at all
b. have a low self esteem and are trying despirately to boost their own with the put down of others.
c. despirately seek attention
d. all of the above.

I for one go with "d. - all of the above". Thanks to those that put in some useful information as I have quoted above.