R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC4 Gear advice
Thread: TC4 Gear advice
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 09:27 AM
JTC4
Tech Rookie

Default need a lil info

Originally Posted by Ackie
Hi guys, i have recently acquired used Team Associated TC4, with a 17.5 Brushless combo by speed passion.
Drove it in its first race this weekend, and although i didnt do well, i really enjoyed it.
Some of the other guys there seem to think the car does not have a lot of top end speed. Around the corners i thought i did alright, only to be blitzed on the long straight.
I have the car running a 4.44 Final drive ratio at the moment, but i am not sure which way to go.
I want to get more top speed, with out putting too much unnessecery strain on my motor, amd with out losing any acceleration out of the corners.

I have just ordered a handful of pinions and spurs to try some different combos, but was hoping for a little advice.
The gears i ordered are 32-38t pinions and 66t, 68t, 70t, and 72t spurs. All at 48p.

Thanks in advance Guys.
Ackie
I have a tc4 and am about to add a dynamite fuze 6800kv, I am thinking of goin with a 69t spur and a 32t pinion can you tell me what you got with your 68t and what size pinion u used with it?