R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - A long shot TRF415
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 10:02 AM
Piggy
Tech Initiate

Default A long shot TRF415

Hi All.

I'll be as brief as possible. I know I could be shooting myself in the foot however I will ask.

Just recently I purchased my very first R/C electric 1/10th kit, that being the TRF415. Soon as I received the box I saw "High performace model for Advanced user"

I simply laughed real had however it was a gamble.

To cut a long story short I have my car all set up now (after a month of stuffing some parts up) I have a Futaba 2PL, Futuba MC800C and a Peak performance Jag. 15T motor.

Im happy with the top end speed however I want it to accelerate much faster than what it is now. Ive been told this motor should be fine and that I needed to play around with the gear ratios and pinion gear?

Ive read the instruction manual however I have NO idea as to where to start. All I see is numbers and ratios however is there a website in which it has basics of messing around with gear ratio? As I said I could be simply shooting myself in the foot for buying an "advanced" kit.

Or maybe someone could explain to me in layman terms as to how I could do this? Will loosening the spur gear slightly make the motor spin faster/slower? *shrugs* Ive tried using the search engine however there isnt much on the TRF415.

I could go on forever but I think I will stop now.

Thanks in advance guys/gals

Piggy