R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CS Brushes
Thread: CS Brushes
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 06:17 AM
antoniop
Tech Regular

Ok here we go.

These brushes are made by CS and are some sort of a miracle.
They have a silver color, and from what I know they have a very high silver content.

But unlike the so called high content silver brushes that we know they just don't wear out.
They last forever and the comm on the motor wont show the tipical depressions close to the slots between the copper plates that you get when using brushes like 4383 from trinity or 729 from reedy.

The comm barely needs a skim after a dozen packs. And if it does it's so small that you do it on the first pass (usually one click on the scale of my hudy lathe.

The brush leaves a silver shine on the comm, and probably lubricates it enough for this kind of wear.

I've had onr Reedy Ti 12x1 using the pair of 729 that came with it and just ONE pair os CS till I had no more copper left to skim.
I'm talking of way more than 50 packs with one set of brushes!!!!

And forget the routine of skimming the comm and putting a new pair. Just skim the comm deglaze tehm with a comm stick, get rid of the sharp edges with that same stick and keep them in the motor. They will deliver the power as they did before.
They don't get blue, they keep the same softness during time and the same level of power.

Now power wise:

The tests i make on the dyno show a noticeable increse of power and torque when compared to other brushes.
In some cases with the Ti I had improvements of around 10% in power and 15% in torque.
That's quite a lot in my book!!!

They are roughly the double in price compared to regular brushes, but they'll last FOREVER. Much more than the double of the time. In the long run they are less expensive.

It sounds like a miracle doesn't it? Yes it does, but try them and you know what we mean...