R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 03-02-2011, 10:03 AM
RAPER
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Looks good Raper...I did notice you left the battery in the middle. Make sure you check out that manual so you know how to move those battery stops so you can play with battery placement. I like mine all the way back and Casey likes his all the way forward, lol. But very easy to adjust the stops as its just the two screws each from the top there.
Yea, I'm on the fence on battery placement at the moment.. i'll see how it does on the track then move the battery as needed.

Originally Posted by Casper
I know the castles have both screw patterns in there motors (3mm and 4mm patterns) but most don't.

Yes proline pro-trac wheels use 12mm hexes and bolt right on. The other wheels will be drastically wider.

Are you using the right wrench? You should be using a 2mm or 5/64 hex wrench. Get a good quality tool. We use the same screws on the 8ight and I have never had a problem with one of them.
Using a quality Dynamite tool..perhaps the tip needs to replaced. I will look into it.

Originally Posted by dan-o
Raper-

Be sure to report back on that motor esc combo, mine is getting the same treatment on 2s until proven the need for 3s , that pinon looks big !!! What is it??

Thats the 19t pinion. I figured I'd start out there and see where it takes me. There was an earlier post either on this thread or the 1415 thread where a 19t was used on that motor with a 40t spur and they had good results. I will post up later tonight after racing with my impressions of the motor