R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 07:54 PM
arix
Tech Adept

Default Setup Help Needed

Hello guys, I decided to start racing GT Class at my current track here in Santiago, DR currently I have a Inferno Gt1 that I had since June 2010, I always go on the weekends to practice with the other GT drivers but had not raced yet, For this upcoming season I decided to start racing the GT but need some help on the setup I currently run, I attached a picture of the setup I am currently using, there is one mistake on the rear shock position, the position I use for the rear shock is (outer lower).

Rear Droop 1-1.5mm
Front Droop 2.5-3mm
Body: Kyosho BMW M3
Tires: GRP Rally B compound ''Medium''

The problem with my Gt is that I don't feel it agile when trying to evade another car or overtake, it feels unstable and when I try to do some sharp maneuver it will spin. Also when I exit a turn I cant step on the throttle since it will spin I always have to exit the turn at very low speed and then straighten the car before I can go full throttle again. Also the turning radius in the steering servo is adjusted to about 25% since if I go further it will spin even at low speeds.

I have managed to achieve some nice times at the track but I feel It can give more and be more constant without spinning or loosing control, also more forgivable.

My driving style is a bit aggressive, I tend to brake hard at the very end of the turn.

Please Help me make this car more drivable according to my driving style, I herd straightening up the rear shocks may help gain stability from the constant spinning, also a different type of oil weight. This is why I came to you guys, please help me tune this car to win the 11' championship

Setup Sheet attachment: http://infernogt.proboards.com/index...084&post=34731

Here is a video of our track, currently it is getting asphalted for the next season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LRI4R7beAY

Oscar F.