R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Beginner fliying noobie ?'s
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 06:18 PM
chaos2984
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Beginner fliying noobie ?'s

Hey, Ive been into r/c for sometime now and I've started to dabble into the flying part of r/c. I have 2 parkzone planes. I have a J3 cub brushed, and a P51 brushed planes. I started flying the cub and ive gotten the hang of it for the most part. I can hand lauch fly around and land it for the most part. And even when the battery cut out is hit i can bring it down for a safe landing. I like flying that plane and i want to get totally comfortable with that first before I go to my P51 with no rudder and with alerions and elvator.

Ive been out looking for info and such. Im not sure if rctech is a good site for flight r/c But Im looking for mods or tips or tricks with the parkzone planes. Ive upgraded the prop on the cub with a 9x7 with 7 pitch. Im looking for just alittle more speed out of it and a longer runtime. It has 600mah 2/3aa batteries and they are old. The replacement is alittle pricy at 28 bux. The only cell version i found with more capacity is 700 at 2/3aa size.

Reason being is that I live in maryland. And we tipically get alot of semi windy days. Around 5-10mph and i flew in that for my 2nd time and I could fly it but had to get the air speed up before making a turn so it wouldnt stall. Or i had to ride it out flat till the gust was gone. I just want a little more power out of it so i can fly thew the wind.

I dont know how powerfull the stock motor is thats in it but its a 370 size motor i belive. I have some same size motors lying around from my micro racing days(robotronics scapel). I just put that motor on there and it seems more powerfull that the orginal one. ill test it out this weekend to see if it is.

Any help for this flying noobie would be great.