R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a new buggy
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 04:24 PM
rufazz
Tech Adept

i was lucky to start racing off road a few years ago and because of my situation i happened to be able to gt hold of a few buggys to drive at cost over a 18 month period and i had some pretty good drivers helping me set up my cars.

my problem was i was spoilt for choice and could not decided on what i wonted so i was always changing so hre is my view and my top list

1. mugen- always a very stable car and once set up ok very consistant,however it just seemed a ver safe car not on the edge you could not push it to its limits so as much as i reckon this would be the car to get for consistancy in my view its not a tq car in the hands of a non pro drivrer would always seem to be missing the x factor to say

2. rc8 team car- id have to say this was my favourite it was on the edge all the time very fast car and riped some killer lap times however it was not a consistant car you could not go fast and stable so to do well you need to be on your game 100 % the other issue was breakages and with out the big bore shocks you had to take the jumps real easy but it was a very controlale car in the air very twitchy and oresise on the ground on smooth tracks but as soon as it gets rutty its all over the show.'

.3 nanda swift- very much like the mugen in all ways but parts were cheep and broke easy i liked it very much but the parts were a issue i loved that car.

4. D8- very nice car to drive but brittle i believe now they have sorted there reliability issues out with parts out but its a cheep car that handle well turns great its a good alround car but parts need repacing heaps.

5. 808-what can i say bloody good piec of kit it needs more steering better sealin of the diffs and fix that dam pinion bearing design very strong and well sorted car.

6. Losi- well i liked this car also but i just could not get it consistant it went good then crap or crap then good it just was not me i liked the build and i never broke a thing on it but i was always changing diff oild to try and ge a handle on things

So you see there is no car that is perfect no way it can happen you have to comprimise i know have worked ou thow to drive around dramas not fix them i hope this helps