R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF417
Thread: Tamiya TRF417
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 01:23 AM
hana166
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eComet
I have the TRF416X with Lipo chassis from Tamiya as well as TRF417. Doing a side-by-side comparison, the TRF416X allows more chassis flex due to thinner upper deck and split center pulley blocks, in addition I also use the split suspension blocks.

The TITC track is extremely high grip and pretty large, so chassis flex is very much desired. I think the original TRF417 is stiffer than the TRF416X with Lipo chassis, but less than the original TRF416X.

Probably there will be optional upper deck in the work to tune the chassis flex.

Try to use the split suspension blocks to see if it helps.

Very interesting post. Some guys who switched to the 417 said they felt the 416X lipo car had more traction. And one very fast guy preferred the original 416X with nimh cut outs on high grip carpet

I think I'm gonna fabricate my own plate, its been on my mind for ages. Couldn't be bothered before (I have a professional workshop and all the tools, that's why I can't be bothered). 2mm but I want decent lipo retainers unlike the Smokem FX . And cut perfectly symmetrical

Just curious. It is RcTech after all !