R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 09:35 AM
Ascari-A10
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johncjy
Finally put in some decent run last weekend ... this is a really torquey car...and only on 4S 30C... quite a handful already. I can understand why some of you are spinning it. I had a little trouble oversteering myself when i kickdown the power on the start straight. Had to backoff on the power...I read somewhere I can cure this by stiffening up the front shocks?

Was racing a kyosho VE and had a hard time keeping up... as he could apply more consistent power(a better way of saying the vorza driver sucked )

On the rebound rate... after giving it some thought.. I concluded must be the springs... the buggy yellows must be a little too weak for the weight of the vorza... so I am back on the blues now with stock absorbers without any spacers. Its just soft enough without being overly bumpy.. and the rebound is much better...will up the oils to 60wt for a little more cushion OR swap back the caster longer shock next round. Diffs I am running 5-5-5 next will try 5-5-2

So far no issue with the jumps.. it jumps great for such a heavy car ... just remember to give it enough speed...

Next week hopefully will have a caster joining the race too... huhu Cant wait for the 3way shootout...
sorry john that i couldnt be of much help with the shocks and diffs..