R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 08:52 PM
snoopyrc
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The thing at the time was, the local Serpent nut, the guy who always is wearing the Serpent shirt or hat and has Serpent Stickers all over his pit boxes; this is the guy who told me that Serpent gave up on the car because it didnt work. That didnt make sense to me because I loved it so much. Hot asphalt or winter carpet the setup was pretty neutral with few changes. I always felt like I knew what the car would do and all I had to do was worry about how I pointed it.

Now I am the first to admit that I am not and never will be A main Snowbird material. I am usually thrilled to even place at a club race, so I figure that maybe I am just not capable of pushing the car hard enough to reveal the weaknesses that they said were there, but that I never experienced. Do you get where I am coming from?

I am hoping that the Arms, C's, and steering knuckles will all be compatible with the S400. Oh and drive train. If I can replace the high risk components and the drivetrain stuff that just eventually wears out, then I can use my 400 for VTA and maybe get the 411 for something rougher.

I hope the price is not insane because I am actually starting to get excited about this car.