R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - gt 7 or quantum competiton 2
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2004, 09:19 PM
dirtman
Tech Rookie

Default My two cents.. or should I say $179.00

I race at SoCal Raceway regulary. My quantum (3 years old)l blew up in a race. I sent it to Associated and they sent me a QC2 ($58,00 charge to me). I've only raced it stock and its been great. Also in the interim I asked guys who worked the counter at SoCal if they had a preference. They said to stay away from the GT7, they had many returns. He also said that first runs of quantums had their own set of problems. Since I have many Novak items that work great, I went with the GT7. It is a very smooth speed control and I preferred it over the quantum. Unfortunately I changed my receiver and went to set up the GT7. It no longer would allow me to set it. I tried different receivers and radios thinking something else was the problem. I ended up returning the speedo and picked up at Keyence Zero Extreme. I bought it mainly because I heard good things about it, but what was unusal was that the Hobby store said it was the only one never returned for repair (That was this week). The KEyence has many functions you can change, you do need to read the manual (about 12 page!!). So far I like it, but I'll know more as time goes on and I get used to.