R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2004, 07:54 PM
roddude65
Tech Apprentice

Default Turnbuckles

hello Mc_RR

Lunsfords are about twice the thickness of the FT parts from associated ... I have seen the FT's bent very easily .. I have yet to bend a lunsford ... they are just that good for a very marginal weight gain ... also I do believe the lunsfords have a lifetime warranty for bent turnbuckles ... ( dont quote me I have never had to use it yet ... all my cars have them 2 FTTC3 and a NTC3 ). But I have never had a bent one and I have had some wicked hits... I had a servo failure with the nitro and sent the car into a 1ft high concrete curb at just about full throttle .. the chassis was toast .. but the turnbuckles were all ok ... it hit at an angle to the left front ... about a 30* hit from dead straight ... doing I'd guess 40 mph or so .. full fuel load .... the left front went back far enough to smash the gas tank ... but the turnbuckle never bent and was still attached at both ends. Thats why I use em....

as far as dremeling the underside of the adjustment cam .. I have never heard of this ... about the only thing I do is get the hot motors out of the car as soon as possible ... I have yet to have a FT chassis tweek due to hot motors .. but I usually run stock or 19t so i dont have the super high heat of the mods ... my normal track has 2 minutes between rounds .. thats normally plenty of time to get back to the pits .. unsolder the motor and pull it ... at most it sits in there for the 5 minute heat that follows mine ...

E

Last edited by roddude65; 05-09-2004 at 08:01 PM.