R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - First truggy advice?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Redrawker
Tech Initiate

Default First truggy advice?

Hey guys,
Let me start by saying I'm glad to be part of the forums, a couple people from RCU recommended I come over here to get better help getting started with truggies.

I'm new to the truggy section, but not really nitros. (About 6 years ago I bought my first T-maxx... Big mistake. I switched to an upgraded Revo later on and had better luck.) Also I've had experience with electrics on and off since I was a kid.

I got out of the hobby at the beginning of 2008, and am now interested in jumping back in. When I left, I had a BB Revo that I liked to race recreationally.

After talking to a few people on the forums, I've decided that a truggy would suit me better than another MT. But I've never really had any experience with one, so I'm going to ask some very newbie questions.

1) What are the competitive chassis setups today? I have heard good things about the 8ight 2.0T, but other than that I'm in

2) How much is a basic setup going to cost me? I'm really just dabbling in racing, so I don't feel the need to go all out, but I don't want to cut corners.

Thanks in advance for the help!