R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 02-23-2011, 06:45 PM
BP SHADOW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks for the props, I really enjoyed seeing this one come together. Yeah I left the bumper off for display, as it is not pretty and ruins the scale appearance of the car. The front body mount actually mounts on the front suspension. Decals are Decal Island from DDrive. I have 2 more sheets bought in anticipation of demand for this car.This is one of my favorites as well and a very iconic racecar. I need to once again thank my buddy Dish for doing such killer shots of the car.
Originally Posted by Team Lotus
Shadow, that Lotus 79 has to be your best one yet hands down!!! Gorgeous!!

That has always been my favorite of the JPS Lotus'es

Unfortunately, money is tight right now; but, boy if I had an extra $400 lying around I'd be all over that car!!

How did you deal with that gawd-awful front bumper that Tamiya includes with the car? Looks like you just left it off. Over on one of the other F1 threads, I think it's the one titled "Tamiya F104 Pro", there are pictures and a link to TRG who have a front bumper that is cut to follow the lines of the nose and front wings so that it barely shows at all. Check it out. Goes for around $11 on ebay.

Also, where did you get the John Player Special decals as Tamiya doesn't include them?

Again, simply beautiful!!