R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Cleaning inside the engine
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 08:17 AM
rufazz
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JoeGuam
I used this technique with all my engines and I have at a minimum of 5+ gallons with them and increasing. The material is soft, after I clean it, I wash it with dawn soap removing the chemicals and possible residue, blow it down with the air compressor, re-oil the parts, and re-install. Just dont scratch the exterior of the piston and the interior of the sleeve. Make sure the polshing cloth material is completely removed.

So why do people (world engine performance manufactures) port the bores polish valve piston, and the ports? Thats with any scale engines.

Does the castor oil being there a bad thing? The answer is no, but it sure raises the eye brows of tuning.
sorry to get off topic they dont polish stuff any more as a rough surface allows the air fel mixture to atomise a lot better it mixes the fuel better making more power.

if it was me id leave all deposits on top of piston it gives a little insurance, it will try and melt away deposits before damaging liner and slightly bumps up comp giving a little more power but adds weight put up a pic so we know how to direct you better