R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - STS engines
Thread: STS engines
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004, 09:22 AM
bballer
Tech Regular

Well, since im a newbie to nitro engines, i have a few more questions regarding my rs3. I have used about 1/3 - 1/2 of my gallon of 20% byron fuel, and my engine seems really close to being broken in. With my plug out, there is still a slight pinch, but i was under the impression that i would have to use much more fuel to get this close to completing the break in. (No pinch, right )

Also, my piston is supposed to be slightly worn where it touched the top part of the sleeve to provide a pinch, right?

Lastly, i have heard that some manufacturers assume 1 turn is a 1/2 of a full revolution. this isn't true with sts engines, right?

I am sure i did everything right in break in, i never leaned it out until the right time, and even then i think i am too rich. ( I'm a perfectionist ) But im wondering if this could be a problem with the engine itself? I have heard a few rs3 owners say their compression was gone after 1/2 a gallon, and they had defective engines. Again, sorry for the long post, but im just want to make sure everything is cool
bballer