Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004, 08:10 AM
markp27
Tech Elite

Default Re: New Serpent Owner

Originally posted by B4
Hi All,

I'm going to become a proud Serpent 710 owner in a couple of days. I've pushed the Kyosho V-One-RR Evo as far as it will go and got sick of having to get hop up's that the manufacturer should have thought of.

Is there anything I should pay special attention to during the building of the Serpent. I have ordered the locking pins for the front diff and also the ball diff. I have adapted my driving style to suit a oneway. Any thoughts on what is the best drive configuration for the front. By the way we have a reasonably open track with fast entry and exit to the straight.
Check out the FAQ which is in my signature line at the bottom of this post - there are lots of tips there in getting the building process just right.

If your track is grippy and doesn't have any corners for which you have to brake heavily, then a one-way is the way to go. If the track is slippy or has little grip, then the diff - but it is still questionable whether or not you'd be quicker with the diff - it just makes it easier.

Cheers, Mark.