R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 05:39 PM
CobraRman
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Hey Lynn, Welcome to the addiction !! Fellow Tamiya collector here. Very doubtful you'll be able to get the right kind of gearing for the 25.5 motor. Quite honestly, I'd be more concerned with parts breakage and replacement than anything else. Although some of those parts have commonality with other Tamiya kits, it's not like you're gonna be able to walk into any old hobby shop and find them.

You'd be better off using the Sprint for actively racing. Have you made up your mind to get the Sprint ?? Are you buying a new one ?? I only ask because there might be better alternatives we can suggest if you're open to them.

Either way.....You're gonna love VTA !!!
Thanks for the welcome! And yes, it is definitely an addiction!!
I'm restoring a Tamiya Cobra R TA02 car and I don't know if it will get run much, so I didn't know if it would have made a good racer or not, maybe back in the day.

I was pretty much set on getting me a HPI Flux and a Sport for me and my boy because I love the looks and I was impressed with the reviws I have seen, sooo.

What else is there in that price range? I don't want to break the bank and those two RTR's weren't too bad $$$ wise for what you got for what we wanted.

I live near NY and we went to Jims RC near Binghamton NY today where he has a asphalt banked oval and he was interested in running a VTA style class because some guys want to have a TC class and I may be able to run there as well.

Lynn