R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2004 ROAR Gas Off-Road Nationals
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004, 01:47 AM
Aaron Waldron
Tech Elite

I finally broke my Las Vegas curse, and put it solidly in the B-Main..but I'm still upset with myself for spending entirely too much time on my lid. I don't know if I would have had enough to make the main, but it could have been a lot closer. All in all, not too bad for my first ROAR National event since 2001 (and I don't count that..I was still a newbie ).

The track held together quite nicely today, after the track crew got it all straightened back up after yesterday's final bashing by the 1/8th scale buggies. Dark clouds early this morning were chased away in favor of sunshine (and sunburn), and the day ran quite smoothly.

The rumors swirling about what tires will be ran during Sunday's main events were the talk of the track today. Pro-Line drivers are seriously concerned about any of their tires surviving 45 minutes on this track; it is very abrasive, and many of their drivers were reporting severe wear after a five-minute qualifier. Losi's new King Pin may in fact be the choice of our top guys for the main (long-term testing Wednesday and Thursday showed the tire can make it nearly 45 minutes just fine), or we'll end up running T-Bones (the tire that won Silver State).

teamassociated - Tebo is running an O'Donnell tuned RB X12.

Todd - Thanks bro! Wish you were here..to suffer in this ridiculous weather :-P

Skidmore and I turnmarshalled in the same spot all day...he's a VERY nice guy, it was a lot of fun talking to him. He drove really well today (as well as yesterday) and it's nice to see another new face mixing it up out in front. If only it weren't for that darn AE shirt...

A-Main

Tebo
Pavidis
Skidmore
Pudge
Drake
Peanut
Truhe
Saxton
JR Mitch
Jesse Robbers
Jason Ayers

B-Main
Jukka (lost in the tie-breaker to Ayers)
Taylor James
Jason Ashton
Chad Bradley
Alan Horne
Degani
Hara
Waldron (me!)
Jim Pierce
Kortz
Korn

There are 11 cars in each main, with two bump-ups for a total of 13 cars in each main.