R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support
Old 02-20-2011, 07:16 PM
protc3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
Bah... I was afraid you'd say something like that.

I use diff lubes, don't have shurlube, and nobody [that I'm aware of] at my local track uses the stuff, so we all use high weight diff lubes.

Which means I'm having a heck of a time finding what range I should be in on the tubes when everyone on this thread is using shurlube!

Looking at the laptimes from the main yesterday, it seems like my car comes in too early in the run [lap 4] and starts biting too much as you get later in the run, which follows with my impressions [rare inside tire lift if I pinch off a corner].

For the main yesterday I was using:
1.8 plates up front [soft]
tall stands
50k in the tube
3.5mm ride height
.5mm droop
1.5 camber
jaco dbl pink tires
caster shims split [one front one rear]

1.2 links in the rear
gold spring
ae 40wt oil
shock short
.5mm sag
3.5mm ride height
1mm pod droop
15k in the tubes
CRC Greylows

sauce was paragon, 1/3 in the fronts, full rears, about 20 minutes on each. Wiped 5 minutes prior and then scrubbed in on the track before the tone.

The car likes to push REAL hard the first 2 laps, then it's on rails and making up time [or at least not losing time] for the next 3-4 minutes, then it seems to scrub a lot of speed in the high speed corners, but carry more speed and make up time in the lower speed quick corners.

I'm open to suggestions.

Try going to at least 30k in the rear tubes. I would also reduce camber to 1 degree when doing so. I may have missed it but is this running a 13.5 or 17.5? If 17.5 try going to 40-50k in the tubes. and switch to black fronts.